Cardston is a town in southwest Alberta, Canada. Cardston was settled in 1887 by members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (Mormons) from Utah Territory who travelled via the Macleod-Benton Trail to Alberta in one of the century’s last wagon migrations. The official founder of the town is Charles Ora Card, after whom the town is named. We’re situated in the low foothills of southwest Alberta, approximately 25 km (15.53 mi) north from the American state of Montana. On our north side, we border the Kainai Nation (Blood Tribe) Indian Reservation, one of the largest reserves in North America. 40 km (24.85 mi) to the west of Cardston are the Rocky Mountains of Waterton Lakes National Park. We’re 77 km (47.85 mi) southwest of Lethbridge and 234 km (145.40 mi) south of Calgary.